Other ways to give
We gladly accept gifts of publicly traded stock, publicly traded bonds, mutual funds, and certificates of deposit. The full fair market value is deductible as a charitable contribution up to 30% of your adjusted gross income. Plus, you can avoid capital gains taxes on the appreciated portion of your gift.
- To make a gift of securities fill out a “Partial Outbound Transfer” form at your brokerage instructing them to transfer the securities to the Chordoma Foundation. The details you will need to put on the form are as follows:
- Receiving Firm Name: Wells Fargo Advisors
- DTC Number: 0141
- Receiving Account Title: Chordoma Foundation
- Receiving Account Number: 6726-0860
- If you have any further questions, you can call Wells Fargo Advisors at (800) 678-1188.
Gifts of real estate such as a house or other personal residence, farm, commercial building, and undeveloped land that you have owned for more than a year entitle you to a tax deduction for the fair-market value of the property, while allowing you to avoid paying capital gains tax.
Corporate matching donations
You may be able to double or even triple the impact of your donation through a matching gift from your employer. Talk to your human resources department to find out if your company will match gifts made to the Chordoma Foundation.
To donate your car, truck, RV, boat, motorcycle, or other vehicle to the Chordoma Foundation, please fill out the secure donation form here or call (877) 537-5277. A representative will help you schedule a pick-up and will explain the tax benefits of your donation.