How we can support your research
We fund high impact chordoma research that addresses research priorities defined by our medical and scientific advisors. Current funding priorities include but are not limited to target discovery, predictive biomarkers, mechanisms of immune evasion, and brachyury drug discovery. Funding opportunities will be listed below when open, and you can sign up to be notified of future funding opportunities. Additionally, funding requests will be considered at any time and can be initiated by submitting a one-page letter of intent, including specific aims and estimated budget, to our research team.
Preclinical research capabilities
Our research team specializes in performing a variety of assays in well-characterized chordoma cell lines and xenograft models. Capabilities include target validation, in vitro and in vivo drug testing, biomarker identification, discovery biology for emerging brachyury therapeutics and more. We offer these capabilities to investigators and companies on a flexible basis ranging from basic data generation to deep, integrated collaboration.
Clinical trials support
We support investigator initiated and company sponsored trials with expert input on trial design, patient education and outreach, participant travel assistance, and more. Limited funding for well-justified investigator initiated trials may also be available.
Access to expertise
Our research team as well as our worldwide network of doctors and researchers can offer vast expertise and capabilities to support your research efforts. If you have questions about chordoma or are looking for partners in pursuing your research goals, we are here to help — or to connect you with others who can.
Ways to contribute to our mission
- Apply your expertise to answering key questions about chordoma.
- Get in touch to explore opportunities to collaborate or discuss new research ideas.
- Partner with our research team on grant applications — we can contribute in a variety of ways, from providing letters of support to generating preliminary data to serving as co-applicants or subawardees.
- Spread the word about opportunities in chordoma research and encourage colleagues to take on chordoma-relevant projects.
- Contribute biospecimens, models, or data to our shared repositories.
- Connect us with funders, including foundations, philanthropists, or corporate sponsors, who can help sustain and accelerate our mission.
- Refer your patients (if you’re a healthcare provider): Our website, Patient Navigators, and peer community can provide a wealth of information and support.
- Sign up for our research newsletter to be informed about new research resources, funding opportunities, conferences, and more.
- Volunteer your skills and expertise to support our research team — examples range from bioinformatics and statistical analysis to new and cutting-edge scientific approaches.
- Attend the next International Chordoma Research Workshop to learn about the latest research advances and connect with colleagues and potential collaborators.
Subscribe to the latest research advances
To stay up to date about the latest advances in chordoma science, be notified of new funding opportunities, and learn about additional resources that become available to you, sign up for our newsletter.