Questions to ask about treatment
Chordoma is a complex disease to treat. Patients often wonder what types of questions they should ask their doctors to help them make the most informed decisions about their care. We developed the question lists below with input from chordoma patients, caregivers, and the members of our Community Advisory Board on questions they found important to ask their doctors. You may not need to ask all the questions on these lists, and there may be questions you want to ask that are not listed.
Some helpful tips to consider:
- Print out the questions so you can take them with you to your appointments.
- Take notes to help you remember important information discussed during your appointment.
- Bring someone with you to your doctors’ visits to help take notes, process the information discussed, and clarify any questions or concerns.
Please request help from a Chordoma Foundation Patient Navigator if there is any way we can assist you.
- including questions about diagnosis, surgery, and radiation
- including questions about surgery, re-irradiation, and other options
- including questions about systemic therapy and clinical trials
- including questions about pain management and rehabilitation
- including questions about complementary and alternative medicine
- including questions about treatment costs and disability benefits in the United States
Asking questions is a great way to ensure you make the most informed decisions about your care.