The year has started off with a feeling of great momentum at the Chordoma Foundation thanks to an outpouring of support for our recently-launched ALL IN campaign – including more than $3M in just the last few months. It’s energizing to think about what this will allow us to accomplish, and I am profoundly grateful to everyone who contributed to this groundswell.
Building on this momentum, we are moving ahead with big plans this year, and I wanted to take a moment to share what your support is making possible in 2020.
Thank you for standing with us during this exciting time and for being a part of this increasingly powerful movement. We look forward to making great progress together this year and to keeping you posted as we announce significant new investments in the coming months.
Your support is driving progress in each of the five focus areas of our ALL IN campaign to improve lives and accelerate cures.
Brachyury drug discovery
Developing drugs that strike at the Achilles’ heel of chordoma
- Launch repositories of key brachyury-related research tools
- Support discovery of the first compounds that inhibit brachyury in cells
- Facilitate investment in brachyury drug discovery by companies
Applying powerful new technologies to harness the immune system to fight chordoma
- Support discovery of a chordoma-specific cell surface marker that could be a target for immunotherapy
- Support research to identify predictors of response to immune checkpoint inhibitor drugs
- Co-fund high-impact immunotherapy grants with the Cancer Research Institute
Systematically identifying existing drugs that can help chordoma patients in the near term
- Screen all existing drugs in chordoma cell lines
- Test the most promising drugs and drug combinations in chordoma mouse models
- Initiate at least one new clinical trial
Improving the patient experience
Helping patients and their families confidently take on health challenges and get the best care possible
- Produce new educational content geared toward survivorship needs of our community
- Provide greater support and more valuable resources to patients after treatment
Learning from each patient
Understanding how different treatments impact patient outcomes to continually improve patient care
- Establish a way for patients to contribute medical records to research
- Facilitate collaboration among leading treatment centers to identify patterns of response to radiotherapy