Development and Engagement Officer
At the Chordoma Foundation, we believe that there’s every reason for those affected by chordoma to feel hopeful — and every reason for them to take part in our quest to find better treatments against this disease.
With enthusiasm, drive, and exceptional communications skills, our Development and Engagement Officer will deeply engage the worldwide chordoma community in our mission, inspire them to support our work, and illuminate the path to better outcomes that’s being made possible by donors.
- New, full-time position on the Chordoma Foundation’s growing development and engagement team
- Position is remote and open to candidates anywhere in the US
- Flexible work schedule
- Travel required approximately once per month for donor visits, fundraising events, conferences, and team meetings
- Expected start date in December
We’re more optimistic than ever for the speed of progress against chordoma thanks to growing support from our generous community. Our Development and Engagement Officer will help us continue to scale the effective fundraising systems we’ve put in place, allowing us to do more for the patients and families we serve by further growing our three key revenue segments:
- Peer-to-peer fundraising. Educate our community about the power of peer-to-peer fundraising, solicit new fundraisers, and support and steward individuals who fundraise on behalf of the Chordoma Foundation. Attend fundraising events as needed.
- Annual fund: Use our full suite of digital platforms: website (new website coming soon!), newsletter, social media, fundraising software, etc., to increase annual fund revenue. Foster personal relationships with the new annual fund prospects who enter our database, and deepen engagement with and retention of existing donors. Help formalize and grow our monthly recurring gift program.
- Major gifts: Provide additional support as needed to major gift staff as they identify, cultivate, and steward new and current major donors. Help plan and execute Chordoma Foundation-hosted fundraising and donor appreciation events.
In addition, our Development and Engagement Officer may be asked to assist with other departments’ digital content as needed.
- Outstanding written communication skills. A writing test will be required as part of the application process.
- Ability and eagerness to understand the Foundation’s research and patient services in order to convey our progress and goals using accessible, inspiring written and spoken stories.
- Comfort with and enjoyment of in-person and virtual conversations with current and prospective donors; experience with face-to-face fundraising a plus.
- Proficiency with a range of digital communications tools including email marketing, social media, content management, and basic photo editing and graphic design tools.
- An understanding of how to make data-driven decisions to maximize engagement and giving (e.g., A/B testing, audience segmentation).
- Experience with CRM technology; Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Experience with online fundraising platform(s); Classy experience is a plus.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, tenacious, and internally driven by high personal standards.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of fundraising experience. Specific experience with peer-to-peer fundraising is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
The Chordoma Foundation offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- 100% employer-sponsored health and dental insurance plans
- Life, vision, and short and long-term disability insurance
- SIMPLE IRA with company matching
- Holidays and paid time off
- Support for professional development, learning, and skills building
In addition, you’ll enjoy:
- A highly nimble, efficient, and tech-enabled work environment.
- Being part of a personable, hard working, and high performing team, where each member is deeply committed to their day-to-day work, the people we serve, and each other.
- A personal connection with the patients and families whose lives your work will touch.
Please apply using the form below (or here).