Peer Guide Application
Peer Connect is a free, confidential, peer support program that connects anyone touched by chordoma with another person whose experiences with this cancer are similar.
Criteria for Peer Connect Guides
- Be at least one year past your or the patient’s initial treatment
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Be emotionally ready to participate in a supportive relationship
- Be able to listen with empathy without promoting a particular agenda, doctor, or type of treatment
- Be willing to commit to an active match for at least six months
- Be willing to complete online training within 30 days of starting
- Be willing to learn about Chordoma Foundation initiatives relevant to patient care
**Please note: Guides are not health professionals and can not provide medical advice.
Peer Guide Training
The training is conducted entirely online allowing participants to log in from wherever they are to access lessons, quizzes, and the final assessment.
Lesson content addresses essential communication skills, developing empathy, learning how to appropriately share information, as well as other skills that will help you be successful as a Guide.
Training concludes with the completion of a mock phone call with a current Guide to demonstrate the skills that have been learned.
If you are interested in becoming a Peer Guide, please complete the following application to help us learn more about you and your experiences with chordoma. All information is confidential and will not be shared without your direct consent. Required information is noted by a red asterisk.
If you have any questions about Peer Connect or becoming a Peer Guide, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.