Peer Guide Application
Peer Connect is a free, confidential, peer support program that connects anyone touched by chordoma with another person whose experiences with this cancer are similar.
Peer Guides are trained in the use of a nationally recognized communication technique that will provide you with active listening tools and skills for providing support. Ongoing training will allow you to share your experience with other guides and sharpen your communication skills.
Criteria for Peer Connect Guides
- Be at least one year past your or the patient’s initial treatment
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Be emotionally ready to participate in a supportive relationship
- Be able to listen with empathy without promoting a particular agenda, doctor, or type of treatment
- Be willing to commit to an active match for at least six months
- Be willing to participate in ongoing training and support for Peer Guides (2-3 times per year)
- Be willing to learn about Chordoma Foundation initiatives relevant to patient care
**Please note: Guides will not serve as health professionals and can not provide medical advice.