Chordoma Community Conferences
Chordoma Community Conferences are a time for patients and their loved ones to come together to learn about the latest advances in chordoma research and treatment, connect with one another, and take action to achieve our shared vision for a better future for those affected by chordoma. Chordoma Community Conferences provide unique opportunities to hear directly from leading chordoma doctors and researchers and to meet a community of peers who share similar experiences. Our hope is that participants come away more informed, connected with a supportive community, and empowered to take on life with chordoma.
The International Chordoma Community Conference scheduled for July 2021 has been postponed to July 14-15, 2023 due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. In 2021, we are pleased to offer a Virtual Chordoma Community Conference Series.
More ways to learn
You may also be interested in attending or watching one of our free live webinars featuring researchers, clinicians, specialists, and patients. You can learn about various aspects of chordoma, living well after a chordoma diagnosis, and our work to accelerate the search for cures.
Wondering what community conferences are all about? Read about what you can expect when attending a Chordoma Community Conference from chordoma patients and caregivers who have attended past events. You can also view live stream recordings of presentations from our previous conferences on the Chordoma Foundation YouTube channel.
What are International Chordoma Community Conferences?
International Chordoma Community Conferences (ICCCs) are held once every other year in the days following the International Chordoma Research Workshops (ICRWs), which bring together multidisciplinary researchers and doctors from across the world to exchange ideas about advancing the cure for chordoma.
ICCCs begin on Friday afternoon and continue on Saturday with sessions designed to help participants learn about chordoma treatment advances and gain practical skills to help manage the challenges brought on by chordoma. At ICCCs, participants have unique opportunities to learn from members of the Foundation’s Medical and Scientific Advisory Boards and ask questions about the latest treatment options and research. Topics typically include recent research advances, current treatment recommendations, clinical trials, survivorship care, and quality of life.
View agendas, presentations, pictures, and videos from our past International Chordoma Community Conferences below:
- 2018 International Chordoma Community Conference – Boston, MA
- 2016 International Chordoma Community Conference – Boston, MA
- 2013 International Chordoma Community Conference – Boston, MA
- 2011 International Chordoma Community Conference – Bethesda, MD
- 2009 International Chordoma Community Conference – Bethesda, MD
- 2008 International Chordoma Community Conference – Bethesda, MD
What are regional Chordoma Community Conferences?
Along with our ICCCs, in 2015 we began offering regional community conferences throughout the U.S. and Europe to bring the latest updates in chordoma research and care to patients and caregivers in their own communities. These one-day conferences are held in collaboration with medical centers that have a multidisciplinary team of experts with experience caring for chordoma patients. We have been fortunate to partner with a number of leading medical centers throughout the U.S. and Europe to host these conferences.
View agendas, presentations, pictures, and videos from our past regional Chordoma Community Conferences below:
- 2019 Chordoma Community Conference at Northwestern Medicine
- 2018 Chordoma Community Conference at Holland PTC (Netherlands)
- 2017 Chordoma Community Conference at MD Anderson Cancer Center
- 2016 Chordoma Community Conference at Mayo Clinic
- 2016 Chordoma Community Conference at Leiden University (Netherlands)
- 2015 Chordoma Community Conference at Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori (Milan)
- 2015 Chordoma Community Conference at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- 2015 Chordoma Community Conference at the University of Southern California
Sign up for our CF updates so you don’t miss out on information regarding any of our upcoming conferences!