Reagents & Data
- Cell Lines
- Tissue Microarrays
- Gene Expression Data
- Comparative Genomic Hybridization Data
- Sequence Variation Data
U-CH1 and U-CH2
U-CH1 and U-CH2 are sacral-chordoma derived cell lines created by the lab of Dr. Peter Moeller at the University of Ulm, Germany. The Chordoma Foundation maintains a repository of these cell lines and makes them available to academic and industry investigators. To request U-CH1 or U-CH2 please sign this Material Transfer Agreement and return it to the Chordoma Foundation at PO Box 2127, Durham, NC 27702 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Genome-wide analysis of sixteen chordomas by comparative genomic hybridization and cytogenetics of the first human chordoma cell line, U-CH1
- Molecular characterization of putative chordoma cell lines
- U-CH1 and U-CH2 Cell Culture Procedures
- Immunohistochemical analysis of receptor tyrosine kinase signal transduction activity in chordoma
- Steroid hormone receptor and COX-2 expression in chordoma
- Methylthioadenosine phosphorylase and activated insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor/insulin receptor: potential therapeutic targets in chordoma
University of Pittsburgh
University College London
Massachusetts General Hospital
University Hospital of Essen
Creator: Florian Grabellus (email@example.com)
Contents: 31 skull base, 15 spinal, 14 sacral, 6 other
- MET overexpressing chordomas frequently exhibit polysomy of chromosome 7 but no MET activation through sarcoma-specific gene fusions
Notochordal tissue is available from the Congenital Defects Lab at the University of Washington. Contact us for more information.
Gene Expression Data
EBI Array Express Experiment E-MEXP-353: transcription profiling of human mesenchymal and some possibly neural crest derived neoplasms using the Affymetrix GeneChip? Human Genome HG-U133A. This data set was generated by the University College London Cancer Institute and contains 96 tissue samples including 4 chordomas.
- Brachyury, a crucial regulator of notochordal development, is a novel biomarker for chordomas
- A molecular map of mesenchymal tumors
Comparative Genomic Hybridization Data
Gene Expression Omnibus Series GSE9023: DNA copy number analysis of 21 fresh frozen chordoma biopsies, and the respective relapse in four of them, using 32k and 1Mb array CGH. Cases 1-11 were analyzed using 32k array CGH and male genomic DNA (Promega) was used as reference. Cases 17-26, and the respective relapse in four of these tumors, were analyzed with 1 Mb array CGH, using sex matched controls. All cases showed copy number alterations and primarily deletions of chromosomal regions were found. Particularly, the CDKN2A and CDKN2B loci in 9p21 were homo- or heterozygously lost in 70% of the tumors.
- Download raw data: GSE9023_RAW.tar
- Frequent deletion of the CDKN2A locus in chordoma: analysis of chromosomal imbalances using array comparative genomic hybridization
Sequence Variation Data
European Genome-phenome Archive data set EGAS00001000188: Exome sequencing of 24 chordoma tumors and matched germ-line DNA using Agilent whole exome hybridisation capture and sequencing with Illumina HiSeq 2000 and Illumina Genome Analyzer II.